Dawn leads our Government Contracts practice group, where she represents clients in all aspects of state, local, and federal government contracting.
Dawn joined us from a national civil construction group where she served as assistant general counsel and corporate counsel on strategic projects. Previously, she was with Troutman Sanders for eight years as a member of their government contracts practice group.
- Legal review and risk analyses for contractor proposals on multi-million and multi-billion dollar projects.
- Negotiation and preparation of teaming agreements and joint venture agreements for national construction companies.
- Negotiation and conformance of subcontracts for state and federal heavy civil construction projects.
- Design-build contracts negotiations for multi-billion dollar public-private partnership projects.
- Novations of federal government contracts.
- Requests for equitable adjustments for construction projects with Navy resulting in multi-million dollar settlement.
- Advising on all aspects of employment and labor law for government contractors, including Service Contract Act, Davis-Bacon Act, and project labor agreements.
- Training of government contractors in contract management, compliance, and standards of conduct.
- Representation of government contractors in disputes before state and federal courts and governmental agencies and in arbitration proceedings resulting in successful outcomes or settlements, such as:
- Appeal of denial of small business status with Small Business Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- Multi-million dollar cost overrun claim on cost reimbursement contract for marine services company before Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Claim to recover costs for out of scope work for national government contractor before Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Bid protest of federal government procurement before Government Accountability Office on behalf of unsuccessful bidder.
- Intervention in bid protest of Virginia state procurement on behalf of successful bidder.
- Arbitration of stock purchase agreement dispute for sale of government contracting business.
- Million dollar contract dispute for reseller of software and support services in the federal district court.
- Multi-million dollar dispute for electrical subcontract on government construction project in Virginia state court.
- Business torts claims of government contractor against former employees and competitors for conspiracy, tortuous interference with business contracts, and trade secrets violations.
- Stored Communication Act claim against former employer in Virginia federal district court and in appeal before Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Subcontractor claim against contractor relating to city government contract.