Trey's practice focuses on the acquisition and sale of businesses, securities law, licensing transactions and a wide variety of other commercial contracts and corporate governance. He also serves as General Counsel for the Southeastern Public Service Authority of Virginia (SPSA), the regional solid waste authority.
- Served as one of the principal attorneys in multi-billion dollar sale of The Weather Channel companies and related spin-off transaction.
- Represented public company in $115 million acquisition of complementary business.
- Served as one of the principal attorneys in division and reorganization of Trader Publishing Company (now Dominion Enterprises), a national media company, including preparation of national distribution, service and license arrangements for reorganized companies.
- Advises staff and Board of Directors of regional solid waste management authority concerning all legal matters impacting its operations, governance and strategic planning.
- Represented community bank in all aspects of corporate and securities matters, including proxy filings, 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K filings and Sections 13 and 16 reporting, as well as their participation in federal TARP CPP and SBLF investment programs.
- Represented national media and publishing companies, and other regional businesses, in numerous multi-million dollar acquisition and sale transactions with private and public companies.
- Represented investors and issuers in venture capital transactions in various stages of company development, including representation of investor in multi-million dollar PIPE transaction with NASDAQ company and subsequent “going-private transaction.”
- Represented national interactive media company in connection with licenses and distribution of content via multimedia platforms, and in various joint ventures with other interactive media companies.
- Represented large and small businesses in various commercial contracts, including licensing agreements, distribution and service agreements, independent contractor and employee arrangements, and real property leases.
- Managed third-party disputes and litigation as well as regulatory investigations involving corporate clients, including where appropriate working with the client to select and oversee the litigation team and engage “specialist” counsel.
- Represented large and small businesses in entity selection, formation and maintenance and related corporate governance matters.
News / Publications
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010