Stephanie serves as the head of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights section in which she practiced for five years under the mentorship of the late Ross C. Reeves and represents businesses, unsecured creditors’ committees, commercial debtors and trustees in reorganizations and other insolvency proceedings.
In her bankruptcy practice, Stephanie assists companies and financial institutions in restructuring and workout negotiations, acts as lead counsel in a variety of bankruptcy court proceedings and related litigation, and represents liquidating trustees in asset and claim administration under liquidating trusts. Stephanie has considerable experience defending preference claims brought by bankruptcy trustees against vendors and suppliers of debtor-corporations and representing landlords in obtaining relief against tenants that declare bankruptcy or otherwise default under commercial lease agreements. Stephanie has served on the Board of the Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association since 2011 and has spoken on numerous bankruptcy topics as part of the Recent Developments panel for the Annual Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice.
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee in planned sale of historic mansion in In re Carter Grove, LLC.
- Represented liquidating trust in In Re Michael D. Vick.
- Represented Amici Curiae in appeal of dissolution proceeding involving family-owned corporation.
- Represented lessors and lenders in retail chain and other business reorganizations.
- Served as Virginia counsel to investors in chapter 11 proceedings of In re Workflow Management.
- Represented unsecured creditors’ committee in sale of In re Chesapeake Hardwood Products.
- Represented 54-hole golf course at private club in In re Marsh Hawk Golf Club.
- Represented creditors in relief from stay proceedings before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented multi-national companies in defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance claims.
- Represented the President and Director of a national title insurance company in securing his dismissal from a suit brought by a bankruptcy trustee alleging mismanagement, including breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Represented employers in multiple plaintiff collective action for unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented employers in defense of Charges of Discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- CLE Presentation – Recent Developments in Bankruptcy Law — TBBA 22nd Annual Hal J. Bonney Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- CLE Presentation – Recent Developments in Bankruptcy Law — TBBA 21st Annual Hal J. Bonney Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- CLE Presentation — From A(BC) to Z(oning): The Basics of Representing Producers and Purveyors of Potent Potables in Virginia — Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association Bench Bar Conference (Spring 2014)
News / Publications
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars