The firm's Antitrust Practice Group is recognized nationally and regularly counsels regional, national and international businesses in all facets of federal and state antitrust laws. This advice involves more than rendering an opinion as to whether a particular transaction or business strategy violates the applicable antitrust statutes; we help structure activities so that the client can achieve fundamental business goals while minimizing litigation exposure. Our attorneys also represent clients in governmental investigations and private suits. We have litigated to jury verdict or summary dismissal antitrust cases involving:
- Resale price maintenance
- Criminal price fixing
- Price discrimination
- Preferential promotional payments
- Exclusive dealing
- Illegal brokerages
We are well versed with the Hart-Scott-Rodino pre-merger notification process and have obtained U.S. Department of Justice clearance for a number of enjoined transactions, including two of the largest single market newspaper mergers in recent years.
For more information, please contact any of the attorneys listed below.
News / Publications
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2013"
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2012 Edition
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010