David has a wide range of litigation experience and focuses on defending theme parks, resorts, asbestos defendants, automobile manufacturers, product manufacturers, railroads and physicians in medical malpractice cases. He has a great deal of experience working with experts in the engineering, railroad and medical fields. He has tried asbestos personal injury cases in many cities across the country and currently coordinates and tries product liability cases in numerous states.
- Lead counsel for a large outdoor theme park, brewery and resort. As counsel for this client, David coordinates all the casualty defense and other civil litigation arising from the facilities.
- Successfully represents companies in premises liability cases from a series of national chain restaurants.
- Prepares and tries many cases involving cranes, cosmetics, propane bottles, safety equipment, defective drugs, cutting and welding equipment, heavy earth moving equipment, airplanes, automobiles and waste handling machinery.
- Counsel for a large employer-based health care plan, including determination of lien issues, medical records issues, privacy issues and health care plan administration.
- Coordinates large multi-national companies' property damage and warranty litigation in the United States.
- Successfully represents asbestos manufacturers in asbestos personal injury trials around the country and has prepared experts for use on a national basis by several major defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Locates, cultivates and utilizes numerous experts in the fields of epidemiology, pulmonology, pathology, radiology and internal medicine in asbestos trials.
- Participated in defending doctors in medical malpractice cases statewide and in the Norfolk area for several years.
- Represents numerous railroads in crossing cases, general litigation matters and FELA suits.
- Represented railroads in mass tort liability cases arising out of two catastrophic derailments in Newport News, Virginia.
- Has argued before the Virginia Supreme Court and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Former law clerk, U. S. Federal District Court, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Speaker at numerous meetings including The National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, The Association of American Railroads, The Defense Research Institute and various Continuing Legal Education seminars.