The firm is experienced in the structuring of new business entities and the reorganization of existing corporations and their affiliates. We have developed complex capital structures and control mechanisms for business in traditional corporate form, and in partnership, limited liability company and joint venture form.
For this practice, the firm draws attorneys from several practice areas, including our taxation and corporate practice groups, who have significant experience in preparing and negotiating entity formation agreements and in counseling on tax and liability concerns.
For more information, please contact any of the attorneys listed below.
News / Publications
- Attorneys Named in 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Willcox Savage Lawyers Recognized as Virginia's "Top 50"
- Fixing the Leaks in the Limited Liability Boat
- Willcox Savage Lawyers Named "Top 50" in Virginia
- Co-author, The Revised Uniform Partnership Act 2014-2015 Edition (Thompson Reuters)
- Editor, Limited Liability Companies of Virginia, 4th Edition 2012
- Co-author, Who Can Sign an LLC or Partnership Tax Return? Journal of Taxation, September 2010
- Limited Liability Entities for Law Firms - 10 Years Later