A former IRS and Treasury Special Honors Attorney, Neil has over twenty-five years experience in the areas of federal and local taxation, estate planning and administration, real estate and corporate law. He has lectured on corporate tax, real estate tax, Virginia sales and use tax, estate planning, elder law, pension tax, tax exempt organizations, and limited liability company issues for the Tax Section of the American Bar Association, Virginia State Bar, ODU Tax Conference, the Virginia Society of CPAs and Virginia CLE.
- Planned and prepared documents for estate planning encompassing traditional wills and revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- Generation-skipping tax planning involving testamentary plans through the use of wills and trusts, as well as lifetime asset transfers.
- Coordinated personal planning through the use of powers of attorney, living wills, health care powers of attorney, income tax planning and related vehicles.
- Designed and implemented family gift programs through direct gifts, trusts and insurance vehicles to maximize family wealth transfers under gift, estate and generation-skipping tax laws.
- Terminated and/or amended "Irrevocable Trusts."
- Created various public charities, and handled their exemption applications and other IRS filings, as well as planned and administered charitable transfers of diverse kinds, including charitable remainder trusts.
- Assisted client in closing the largest real estate construction loan ever made by his local lender.
- Assisted clients in acquiring and selling shopping centers.
- Assisted medical groups in acquiring land and building their own office buildings.
- Assists clients with the formation and operation of their business entities.
- Assists clients with Federal, State and local tax issues.
News / Publications
- Attorneys Named in 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Twenty-One Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2013 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Twenty-Eight Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2012 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2013"
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Neil L. Rose Appointed Virginia Beach Assistant Commissioner of Accounts
- Neil L. Rose Elected a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Neil L. Rose Named Vice Chair of VBA Tax Section Council
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Twenty Attorneys Named as 2009 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010