Eric's practice focuses on toxic torts, products liability, personal injury, and general defense litigation in state and federal courts. He has tried cases throughout the country on behalf of Fortune 100 companies.
- Member of national trial team for Union Carbide Corporation (a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company) and assists in the defense of cases, and development of medical and scientific experts across the country.
- Member of national trial team for Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Trial counsel and lead role in preparing successful defense of Exxon Mobil Corporation in case of first impression in Virginia involving vessel owner liability under 33 U.S.C. 905(b).
- Member of successful appellate team in case of first impression in Virginia involving vessel owner liability under 33 U.S.C. 905(b).
- Successfully represented multiple plaintiffs in recovery of large percentage of money believed lost to Ponzi scheme.
- Won defense verdicts in multiple pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma trials, both living and wrongful death cases.
- Represents national companies in asbestos litigation involving: aircraft engines, boilers, bulk suppliers, electrical supply, floor tiles, friction products, gaskets, insulation, joint compound, mastics, packing, phenolic molding/plastics, premises, pumps, purifiers, valves, vessel owners, welding rods, wire and cable.
- Routinely conducts depositions and examinations for trial purposes.
- Routinely argues dispositive motions in defense of national companies involved in asbestos litigation.
- Routinely prepares medical and industrial hygiene experts for deposition and trial.
- Routinely deposes expert witnesses on medical and industrial hygiene issues.
- Represented national railroad in defending local matters.
- Invited Speaker, What You Need to Know About Asbestos Medicine, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2015)
- Invited Speaker, Causation in Relation to Asbestos Exposure v. Cigarette Smoking, Harris Martin Asbestos Litigation Conference: Emerging Issues in Lung Cancer Cases (October 2014)
- Invited Speaker, Position Statement on Asbestos from the Joint Committee of the Societies of Epidemiology (JPC-SE), June 4, 2012 and IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of the Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans, Volume 100, A Review of Human Carcinogens, Part C: Arsenic, Metals, Fibres, and Dusts, 2012, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2013)
- Invited Speaker, Recent Developments in Products Liability and Torts Law, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (May 2013)
- Contributing Author, Defending “Household,” Building, and Neighborhood Exposure Cases with Tenuous Nonoccupational Exposure Histories: A Review of Medical and Scientific Literature, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2013)
- Contributing Author, General Medical Considerations and Cross-Examining Plaintiffs’ Experts, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2012)
- Contributing Author, Fiber Burden: The Mastercard® of Asbestos Litigation, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2010)
- Contributing Author, The Defense of Peritoneal Mesothelioma Cases from A to Z, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2009)
- Contributing Author, Substantial Contributing Factor and Mesothelioma - How to Defeat Plaintiffs' Argument That Every Exposure Contributes, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2007)
- Contributing author, Proving Shares for Cross Claims and Including Absent Contributors in the Verdict, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (November 2004)
firstname.lastname@example.org Eric D. Cook Member Willcox & Savage, P.C. (757) 628-5661 (757) 628-5566 http://www.willcoxsavage.com/media/1329/eric-cook-asbestos-lawyer-willcox-savage.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=175&height=175&rnd=131124665950000000