Our Health Care attorneys represent a number of health care providers and service companies from all segments of the health care industry, including hospitals, health care systems, managed care companies, physician practice management organizations, retirement communities, nursing homes, home health providers, ambulatory care facilities, individual physicians and physician group practices.
They provide advice on strategic planning and development decisions involving mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures as well as a variety of issues involving day-to-day operations. We assist providers and service companies with facility construction and finance planning (hospitals and 501(c)(3) organizations qualifying for tax exempt bonds) and advise on issues involving Medicare reimbursement and third party payments, managed care contracting, integrated delivery systems, various types of preferred provider organizations, health maintenance organizations, Stark II and Medicare-Medicaid fraud and abuse, sale and acquisition of physician practices, health care antitrust, patient treatment, confidentiality of medical records, HIPAA compliance, hospital construction, employee benefits, and general employment law.
The firm appears before regulatory boards to appeal and clarify administrative rulings and in various courts to monitor and assist in managing investigations by federal and state authorities. We regularly advise governing boards on corporate and tax-exempt law issues and help management with regulatory compliance programs.
For more information, please contact any of the attorneys listed below.
News / Publications
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-One Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2013 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Twenty-Eight Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2012 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty Attorneys Named as 2009 Legal Elite