Patrick's practice focuses primarily on catastrophic loss cases involving wrongful death or serious bodily injury in the context of products and premises liability, toxic torts, and trucking/auto cases. He also has an active tort defense practice in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Has tried cases in state and federal courts, with approximately 30 jury trials to verdict.
- Has represented manufacturers and distributors in products liability lawsuits, including cases involving construction and mining equipment, aircraft components, boat engines, wheelchairs, whirlpools, and security systems.
- Represents national trucking firms in defense of personal injury lawsuits, including wrongful death and traumatic brain injury.
- Defends toxic tort and multiple chemical sensitivity claims arising out of alleged exposure to asbestos, "toxic" mold, adhesives, and lead.
- Represents international resorts, hotels, and restaurant chains in defense of premises liability lawsuits.
- Defends major telecommunications company in defense of contract disputes and personal injury lawsuits.
- Represents insurance companies in defense and prosecution of coverage disputes.
- Represents national railroad in local FELA and crossing matters.
- Represented national airline and national aviation company in aviation law matters filed in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
News / Publications
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-One Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2013 Legal Elite"
- Attorneys Recognized by Benchmark Litigation
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Chambers USA Recognizes Firm in 2009 Edition