Tom chairs the firm's Corporate, Securities and Finance Practice Group; is a member of the firm's Policy Committee; and chairs the firm's Compensation Committee. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and securities transactions, intellectual property, licensing and technology transfers, and general corporate work including advising corporations with respect to matters of corporate governance.
Tom works with a variety of national businesses, such as communications and media enterprises, manufacturers and distributors, health care providers, and a public authority, serving as their general outside counsel.
- Lead counsel to Landmark Communications, Inc. in the spin off of its non-weather businesses and the subsequent sale of The Weather Channel companies to a consortium consisting of NBC Universal, Blackstone Group, LP and Bain Capital, LLC.
- Lead counsel to Dominion Enterprises in the sale of Dominion Marine Media to Apax Partners.
- Lead counsel to controlling shareholder in the sale of Swimways to Spin Master.
- Lead counsel to Landmark Media Enterprises, LLC in the sale of KLAS-TV Las Vegas to Nexstar Broadcasting.
- Lead counsel to Landmark Media Enterprises, LLC in the sale of WTVF-Nashville to Journal Communications.
- Lead M&A counsel to Metro Machine Corp., an ESOP-owned company, in its sale to General Dynamics Corporation.
- Lead counsel for division and reorganization of national media company with more than $1 billion in revenue.
- Represented privately-held national media and publishing companies in numerous acquisitions and dispositions ranging in size from less than $20 million to more than $1 billion, including the sales of Greensboro News & Record, The Roanoke Times, and the Capital Gazette.
- Serves as general counsel to the Hampton Roads Transportation Accountability Commission.
- Represented majority stockholder of publishing enterprise in tax-free split-off.
- Represented private company issuer in multi-million dollar self-tender offer.
- Represented strategic investor in multimillion dollar PIPE transaction and subsequent "going private" transaction with NASDAQ issuer.
- Represented publicly-traded national health care organization in numerous acquisitions and provider partnerships.
- Represented strategic partners in complex LLC and partnership joint ventures involving the formation of national media (print and electronic) and telecommunications enterprises.
- Represented issuer (including real estate developer) and investors in Regulation D private placements.
- Represented venture capital firms and angels in numerous private placements.
- Represented clients with respect to complex commercial contracts.
News / Publications
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2016 Legal Elite"
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2016 Edition
- Attorneys Named in 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Nine Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2015 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2015 Edition
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Willcox Savage Lawyers Named 2015 Best Lawyers in America "Norfolk Lawyers of the Year"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2014 Edition
- Twenty-One Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2013 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Willcox Savage Attorneys Recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2013 Edition
- Thomas C. Inglima Named Norfolk Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer of Year
- Twenty-Eight Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2012 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2013"
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Willcox Savage Partners Recognized in "Virginia Top 100" by Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2012 Edition
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Chambers USA Recognizes Willcox Savage in 2011 Edition
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Twenty Attorneys Named as 2009 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010
- Chambers USA Recognizes Firm in 2009 Edition
- Chambers USA recognizes Thomas C. Inglima of Willcox Savage